For some women, the natural size or shape of their breasts is less than ideal. If you would like to improve the appearance of your breasts, breast augmentation surgery can enhance your breast size and shape. Breast augmentation can create a curvier figure, improve body proportions, boost self-confidence, and help women look and feel more feminine and attractive.
Developing Your Breast Augmentation Plan
The initial consultation for breast augmentation is crucial because it is when we will discuss your aesthetic goals. Dr. Ackerman will evaluate your needs and explain the recommended course of treatment for you. Several factors, including physical stature, skin condition, and chest measurements, are used to determine the correct implant size, type, and placement to achieve your desired outcome.
Use arrows above to slide to the right or left
The Breast Augmentation Process
Dr. Ackerman believes that the best breast augmentations are those that look entirely natural. Choosing the right elements for your breast augmentation is essential to achieving the proper enhancement without making your breasts appear too noticeably augmented. Dr. Ackerman will review your options during the consultation. He believes that each patients deserves an individualized approach to achieve natural and beautiful results.
Breast Augmentation Recovery Process
Recovery after breast augmentation with Dr. Ackerman is rather rapid. The techniques he utilizes allow most patients to drive a car and return to office type of work within four to five days. Most patients can resume some physical exercise within two weeks. The patients wear a postoperative bra for a few days, then they may switch to any supportive bra. Every patient gets individualized instructions regarding massaging, bra wear, etc. We see our patients after surgery for up to a year to assure excellent results.
- Composed of a soft, silicone shell filled with saline solution
- Filled during surgery so that the volume can be adjusted and the implant can be inserted through a small incision
- Creates a slightly firmer feel than silicone implants
- Implant rippling is more likely to occur
- Composed of a silicone shell filled with silicone gel
- Feels more natural than saline implants
- Less likely to rupture than saline, but if they do rupture, it is more difficult to detect
- An MRI is recommended every three years
To schedule a breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Ackerman, our board-certified plastic surgeon, call our office at 949.759.3284.